Hosted by 2020 IEEE International RADAR Conference, Florence
Announcing the Radar Challenge
The Radar Challenge is a series of events co-hosted with radar conferences that enables participants to experience the magic of radar in a personal, tangible and experiential way. The events require participants to sense a scene using their self-engineered “home-brew” radar. The goal is to build a community of radar builders that collectively explore the art of the possible in making “COTS-based” radars.
Challenge participants are challenged to develop a low-cost COTS passive radar system. An outdoor terrace will be made available at the Unversity of Pisa Department of Information Engineering building, which has a view towards the Pisa airport. From the terrace participants should demonstrate the capability of their system to detect and locate aircraft flying in or out of the airport.
Submissions to the challenge will be judged based on the following criteria:
- Design Ingenuity
- Cost and Performance/Price Ratio
- Demonstrated Performance such as accuracy and detection/track range
- Hardware and Software Design Overview and Bill of Materials
- Bill of Materials (BOM) must include source & price
The following deadlines apply to the challenge:
- 30/06/20 Submission of one to three page concept paper
- 10/07/20 Notification of participation invitation
- 19-20/09/20 Challenge Event
- 23/09/20 Prize Presentation
Based on the submitted concept papers, teams will be invited to participate in the challenge event. Participating teams will be judged based on the demonstrated performance of their solution as well as their concept paper. Prizes will be award for the winning teams.